With clients ranging from small family businesses to large multinational companies our Corporate Department has a wide and varied experience in all corporate matters. We work closely with our colleagues in other departments, particularly in Commercial, Intellectual Property and Employment.
The commercial ethos of the firm is backed by our dedicated team of lawyers offering advice and assistance from starting your own business to corporate acquisitions and an eventual sale.
- Business start ups
- Advising on the implications of the Companies Act 2006 including liabilities of directors’
- UK and international joint ventures including shareholders agreements
- Advising overseas businesses and investors investing or starting up in the UK
- Advising on private equity investment including management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Acquisition and disposals of company shares and business assets
- Protection of shareholders
- Corporate restructuring, business expansion and investment
- Share buy-backs
- Banking and loan agreements including factoring
- AIM and Plus Markets
- Advising on the implications of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
- Partnerships and limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- Share option schemes and employee incentives