Mackrell Turner Garrett




People move to the UK for a range of reasons – to start a business, to work, to study or join family members.

At Mackrell Turner Garret, we provide advice both to companies and individuals regarding their immigration requirements. We understand that the right legal advice at an early stage can make a significant contribution to successful visa applications.

Points-based system for individuals

For those seeking to move to the UK for business, employment or study-related purposes, the government’s points-based system is the framework for initial admission and permission to remain for nationals of countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.

We regularly assist clients with submitting applications for points-based visas in categories including:

  • Tier 1 entrepreneur – people who want to invest £200,000 in the UK by setting up, or taking over and being actively involved in the running of, a business or businesses
  • Tier 1 investor – high net-worth individuals who want to make a substantial financial investment in the UK. The application will be based on the ability to invest a minimum of £2,000,000 in the UK
  • Student visas – for students seeking to study at an educational establishment in the UK that has been issued with a Tier 4 sponsors licence. Once the institution has established the prospective student has the ability to follow the course applied for, it will issue a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies, which is essential for study visa applications.

Points-based system for businesses

At Mackrell Turner Garrett we advise businesses wanting to sponsor individuals to come to work at their business in the UK. We assist clients with submitting applications for:

  • Tier 2 Sponsor Licences – for UK businesses that want to employ foreign workers in the UK
  • Tier 2 (General) visas – for skilled workers who have received a graduate level job offer from a UK employer
  • Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visas – for employees of multinational companies that have been transferred by their overseas employer to a UK branch of the organisation, either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits

Visas for people in a relationship with a UK national

We can also assist with visa applications and entry clearance applications on behalf of:

  • spouses,
  • civil partners,
  • unmarried partner and
  • same sex partners

Appeals when applications are not successful

Where applications are unsuccessful, we can assist with the various routes to challenge decisions and to advise on strengthening your case. You may have either the right to appeal or to an administrative review of the decision and in some cases a judicial review of the decision may be appropriate.

For more information our immigration services, please visit our dedicated microsite.

Meet Our Team

Corporate Live Awards 2016